Sunday 24 June, 2007

Mix It All Baby;p

So after staying home for two months i started working again,Two months after seven years of work experience:) quite funny how i never thought of a break,but then last year changed everything, I got married last year,and then the urge is so sudden,to stay home and not to go out for work at all,My house,i proudly pronounced to everyone,i own it,all of it is mine,i am th owner,the decision maker,i would decide how to decorate it,what to buy,how much to buy and whom to employ,new found independence in one way, did almost pretty much same things when i was with mom,when i was not married but this was different.So much happened since last year,suddenly i became Mrs. N and then came a bolt of surprise,for the first time in my life i heard about relocation,with in the country but still it was shocking,my mom,my bro,my plants and hell,my dogs too,they wont be anywhere near to me, i cannot wake up in the middle of the night and rush to them,cannot see them whenever i want to,suddenly from my work place i cannot reverse the vehicle and go off to see amma,cannot make shopping plans, but then the decision was mutual,to shift,for a better career and a new life.So i resigned,after 7yrs,my life as a lecturer came to a halt.
Bangalore is beautiful but still lonely,two months i stayed at home and then the fear creeped in,of being restricted to the four walls,i had this sudden urge to go out,meet people,do what i have been doing all along,and i got into my new job,again as a lecturer:) i still talk to amma daily,ask about the plants and dogs,still fight with bro over phone but given a chance i would want to go back to my home,my city and my family:) hope hubby is listening and takes up a job in Hyd again;p

And the new job is hectic,i start from my by 7.30am,so breakfast and lunch to be preapred so early,thankfully hubby dosnt take lunch pack,odd timings,so i am left to fend myself and i am a huge fan of one pot meals,give me anything from lemon rice to coconut rice to pulav or fried rice,or tomato rice,i would gulp it all with out a complaint.
One fine evening i realised the fact that all i have is 30min before hubby rushes home with a hungry look and feel and dashed off into the kitchen,and made this mixed vegetable rice, whatever came to my head i just did so and boy,am i not glad i did:)


i used green peas(frozen) soya chunks,capsicum,tofu(paneer made of soya milk),
one tomato, small quantity of onion,cabbage,green chillies, a table spoon full of
garam masala.



Take a handi and pour one spoon of oil,fry the chillies and onions for a while and add the cabbage and capsicum.

Now add the green peas and tomatoes also and enjoy the different colors:)

Now its time to add the soy chunks and tofu also,yeah yeah,i know too much of soya but i love it rather than adding paneer and listening to a lecture from husband about calories.


Now i added the salt and the garam masala to it.


Done and ready for the rice to be mixed:) i would have had this just like that with chapathis or bread too.

Mix the rice,i prefer hot rice,i dont like adding left over rice to it,some how the hot rice did make a difference to the taste:) maybe just a feeling. Done and have it with cold onion raitha.the spicy rice compliments well with raitha.

My heart goes hummmummmm;p

15 comments:

deena

hey Alapana !u have nice blog..the layout is quite pretty & attractive & some interesting easy recipes ..welcome to the blogworld..i too am a newbie..thanks for visitng my blog do come again..!

Kavitha

Hi Alapana
Nice blog here... looking fwd to more interesting recipes. This rice looks so delicious and wholesome. Glad to know u are from hyd. We moved here about 8 months ago... feel the same as you do in Blore. :)

FH

Mixed it all dishes are the best tasting!! Do something quick and in hurry,it will be fabulous,just like your dish:))

Hip Grandma
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hip Grandma

If only I had known that you could treat me to such delicacies then I'd have definitely visited you during my recent trip to Bangalore.Better luck next time.

DEEPA

hey ..here for the first time ..Nice blog ....Very nice recipe collection ...

Jyothi

Hi Alapana! your name is so pretty and very new to me. I like your blog so so so much. Fantastic recipes collection too. Rice looks great. While working, how you are managing ?
anyway its must for everybody, who are working. All the best. Thanks for sharing.

BTW thanks for dropping by at my blog. Keep on visiting. I am adding your blog in my food blogger's list.

RML

Hi Alapana,

Your name is sooooo sweet to hear.This is my first visit to your blog.Awesome layout and grt simple recipes.Thanku for adding my foodblog in your list.
Thanks for sharing rice recipes
Have a nice day!
Madhoo

Suganya

Marriage is a *huge* shift from the present life. It takes time getting used to.. But I wud say its fun in a lot of diff days. (Except that you cannot come home, throw yr bags and shoes in either direction and crash into sofa, never get up until amma brings that hot plate of dinner to you:))

Alapana

Deena,Thank you,newbies as far as food blogging is concerned and delighted to see so many people who have such a wonderful passion for cooking:) i will keep visiting:)

Alapana

spicelover, I understand,i moved to Bangalore just three months after living in hyd all my life:( miss the city,but then changes are a part of life i guess.

Alapana

ashaji,you are right,i noticed it too that whenever done in a hurry it works out just right:) thanku

Alapana

Hip grandma,i expected you would meet me,but as said,maybe next time:)

Deepa,thanku:)

Alapana

Jyothi,your comment brought a smile on my face,we are all simple people who could just praise a stranger,such is the quality with women:) well,sadly alapana is just my blog name,and i manage it fine because right now its only me and my husband who eats anything i make:) and yes,i already added you and will keep coming back to your blog for more.

Alapana

RML,THANKU for all the wonderful words of praising,alapana is my blog name:) maybe i will use this name for my daughter when i have one:) and welcome to my blog,i will keep coming to yours again and again.

Suganya,oh dear lord,you took me back to the good old days of throwing everything in sofa and waiting for mom to feed us:) but yes,marriage is a diff exp and it is fun too:)

From My Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP